Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snow Day and more castle

So we have arrived in France and still have a long journey of about another 5 hours to go before we reach our final destination of somewhere in the french alps.
I wanted to show the rest of the pictures from Leeds Castle.




This is so freaky but I really wanted to get a picture of this bed, it's quite famous and in a ton of interior design books. The castle for the "season" had done themes in a lot of the rooms which were characters from fairy tales and this was little red riding hood... scary




My lovely friend Kathryn and her little boy Gideon came with us, we had a blast. Although the moat was a little frozen and so were we a little because yes it really is that cold!

Look at the sky in these pictures, who knew that they bought a few incheds of snow with them.
Gideon, Jude and Ella. You can see what a hard time my kids have with the camera!


Did I mention is snowed... a lot! it started Thurs? and wow snow it did. it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cold but beautiful.
this house looks so lovely all year round but particularly this time of year with snow on it.
Just past the above house, poor bloke couldn't keep away from that ditch. The roads are very icy though.




It's been really lovely spending time with family and friends even if they are a bit dorky ;-)
This is my brother Tim, nephew Aiden and little Jude playing guitar hero, this is pretty much what they do all day... see how different we are from Americans??!

And my beautiful niece Rachel, My BIL needs to hide her away or he's going to have HUGE problems.


I haven't managed to get pictures of the rest of the familly but I will, they are just a little camera shy.

Lucy and Ella, my niece's are so adorable. Lucy is so funny though and her and Ella really hit it of


I also haven't managed to get pictures of the wedding, but hopefully soon. Well time to dash I'm getting nagged to go now but more to follow soon :-)
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how wonderful!!! I was just thinking that I needed to text or email you you send me the invite again as I deleted the other one (did not know who GG was for sure!) I so love the photos and experiencing your trip. Give our love to all and have fun! Love, Nanny

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks cold!!! hope you're having a wonderful time. we miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete