Friday, December 25, 2009

The Alps


How amazing are these mountains. I can’t believe we get to snowboard here. The view from our chalet (below) is stunning, the weather is a little icy but even with these conditions it’s amazing to be here.


The picture below is of a lift that took us up to the top of a mountain and it felt like were where never going to get there, I’m not sure how high it was but the largest mountain is almost 2 miles high… I know crazy.


So we are on this lift and it felt like we were on it for 1/2 an hour, it stopped several times which was a little frightening to say the least, but we sucked it up, hid our fear and made it to the top… At the top there was a bar, only in France! 2 miles up nothing in sight but a bar/pub! Hahahah so we got a couple of drinks to “help” us down. During the run up to the top we passed at least two/three "button lifts" which consisted of a pole with salad plate sized disk to sit on whilst being YANKED up the mountain for at least 1/2- 1 mile. the skiers were fine but snowboarders hmmmm I tried 5 times and fell flat on my face all times but one! Micah of course got up first time, and Tim... hmmmm I think twice?? anyway the point was these lift's !!!!! who invented them????


The run we went on first was considered a green run which is the easiest one and I must say it was fun, even for me ;-) because it was less traveled it was mostly powder which was fantastic, especially as it hurt less to fall!
I would take amazing pictures but I don’t think I am expert enough to snowboard down with the camera.

This is the little village where we stayed, it was a fantastic place called Saint Sorlin D'arves ahhhh so fantastic that we get to do this. The pictures will never be able to convey how amazing Jehovah's creation is, it is truly breathtaking here.
The people here are so friendly and especially love Micah, him being a yank and all! We just let him do the talking. He’s even attempted French and does really well with it, except when he mixes in the Spanish lingo!
Everyone here is so nice like I said. We even got one of the women here to watch the kids, don’t worry she wasn’t a random stranger but a service that the resort offers which is soooooooo nice, Micah took a picture of our French nanny! The kids loved her too,

Jude is desperate to get back out on the slopes, even Ella is doing great at it but before we did we had to get the kids ice cream!

And of course us some more dutch courage to get down the slopes!

Who knows what Tim is doing!? (my brother) who has driven all the way here and back... a mere 10 1/2 hours despite loosing the keys on the slope we still appreciate it. Thanks Tim xxx
So here is the man Jude




And little Ella, what a great stance she has already!!


And ummm yes this is our mountain!



Right now we are heading back home to Angleterre and it's only two days of driving for 5 hours, not bad for us but rubbish for the kids! But we are staying in an amazing place called "Troyes" pronounced (twah) and it is stunning, we tried to capture a pictures via iPhone but we will be taking more tomorrow, this place is lovely. the restaurant we ate in was built in 1793... such a cool place.

Escargot... mmmmmm delicious snails! Ella LOVED these.
And yes that is real red wine (mixed with water) but hey they inhaled it.


So I'll get fab pictures of Troyes and post tomorrow or the next day. TTFN hug and XXX's.

And thank you for all the comment's. Wish you could be here! We miss you guys too...Krissi, Ella keeps asking if Joseph is going to be okay whilst she's away!... Cute.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! i know these pictures dont do the views justice but even the pictures are breathtaking! And Joseph is definitely missing his playmates! Have a great time on the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fantastic! I am sooo jealous! Keep having fun and be safe! Love and kisses, nanny and papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pictures! I know you are having a wonderful time! Oh my goodness though... the Escargot. I don't think I am brave enough lol. Did Ella know what she was eating before she tried it? hahaha
    Looking forward to your next post. xoxo

    From Aaliyah: Dear Georgina, I love all of you. I hope you have fun. I have a surprise for you when you come back. I hope you will tell me about your fun and fascinating day. Love, Aaliyah

    ReplyDelete